OUR COVID -19 STATEMENT
Our priority is safety for you, our team and our loved ones during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Greater Springfield Veterinary has implemented a comprehensive plan to ensure your visits to our locations are as safe as possible, so your pet(s) can receive their usual high level of veterinary care with us.
Greater Springfield Veterinary remains open between 7am – 8pm, 7 days a week, staffed by the friendly team you have come to know so well.
As the advice around COVID-19 evolves, we will adapt to ensure we can provide outstanding service to you and your pets while reducing the risk of transmission. You will already know that our cleaning and hygiene standards are set at an exceptionally high level, and during this time, extra precautions will be taken to ensure any spread of infection is limited.
Symptoms of Coronavirus can include:
- Mild cough
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and your pet requires veterinary attention, please call us on 3288 1574. We will absolutely be able to work with you to ensure your pet receives the care he or she needs.
WE ARE DOING OUR BIT:
- We disinfect EVERY consult room and wash our hands after every examination as usual.
- Surfaces (eg tables and door handles) and objects (eg telephones and keyboards) will be disinfected every 15 minutes.
- Our team members are advised not to attend work if they exhibit the symptoms of Coronavirus. A mandatory testing policy and/or medical clearance by a doctor is necessary in order to be deemed ‘fit for work’.
- We are happy to conduct a phone consultation with you whilst we examine your pet if you would prefer to wait in your car.
- We now have additional outdoor waiting spaces at both hospital locations for your safety and convenience.
- We have isolated our staff into two working groups that will not contact each other to ensure continuity of service at both our hospitals.
- We know that certain members of our community will be left vulnerable. If you would prefer not to venture out, we may be able to assist with the home delivery of food, important medications, or arrange pet pick ups and drop offs within a 5km radius of our hospitals.
- Our behind the scenes hospital tours are discontinued, and scheduled visits for owners with hospitalised pets will be strictly limited.
HOW YOU CAN DO YOUR BIT:
- When you arrive at our hospitals you will notice our front doors are locked. Please ring the doorbell and one of our staff will advise you on what to do next based on the nature of your visit.
- We will ask you to wash your hands when you arrive for your pet’s consultation.
- Please stand on the designated ‘X’ areas marked out on our floors to ensure adequate social distancing.
- To assist with appropriate social distancing in our reception and consult rooms, we advise ONE family member per pet visit (where possible).
- Please avoid using cash and pay with card where possible.
- If you are feeling unwell, perhaps see if a friend or family member can bring your pet in on your behalf (we can discuss your pet on the phone with you during the consultation).
- If you have travelled overseas recently, been close to someone who has tested positive, or if you have been asked to quarantine for Coronavirus by a medical professional, we ask that you self-isolate for 14 days before visiting us, or call 3288 1574 if you need our help sooner.
Following a report from Hong Kong where a pet dog belonging to a Covid-19 patient returned a positive test for Coronavirus, we thought you might also be wondering about the risk of pet-to-human transmission.
We have always treated a different version of Coronavirus in dogs. This affects the gastrointestinal system and causes abdominal pain, diarrhoea, lethargy and inappetence. We diagnose it using a simple test at the lab and it is UNRELATED to the human respiratory virus.
So, don’t worry – your pet is safe – and we are here for you.
We trust in our plan, in you, and in our staff to be able to provide the outstanding care you and your pets have come to expect.
This is 100% a team effort. We will do our bit – and we thank you for doing yours.
GREATER SPRINGFIELD VETERINARY
Under the leadership of Dr Jeannet Kessels, we have been caring for pets in the Greater Springfield area since 2006.
We are one dedicated team working across two easy-to-access locations.
We are here for you 7am-10pm, 7 days a week.
Emergencies are seen at our Augustine Heights Hospital.