Our experienced Veterinarians are able to perform a range of routine or complex soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures.
Our Hospitals possess the latest surgical equipment, which means that we can perform routine or complex procedures on-site.
We can perform:
- Curative surgery – surgery to correct certain conditions (such as a cruciate ligament or fracture repairs).
- Diagnostic surgery – such as explorative procedures or taking biopsy samples.
- Palliative surgery – performed with the aim to make an animal more comfortable for as long as possible (such as reducing the size of a tumour).
- Preventative surgery – performed with the aim to prevent certain conditions from occurring (such as airway surgery in pugs and bulldogs or JPS in affected breeds to prevent hip dysplasia).
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Desexing (
- Caesarean Sections.
- Tumour excision.
- Abscess Surgery.
- Eye and Eyelid Surgery (including corneal ulcer care, entropion, ectropion, enucleation, tear duct patency checks, eyelid tumour removal).
- Aural Haematoma and & Ear Reconstruction Surgery (TECA).
- Hernia Repairs.
- Airway Surgery for brachycephalic breeds (including nasal widening, soft palate resection, laryngeal paralysis support surgery).
- Abdominal Surgery (including bowel obstruction/ resection, splenectomy, ureter surgery, kidney removal, liver biopsy and gastropexy).
- Chest Surgery (including diaphragmatic hernia repair, lung lobectomy, and chest tube placement).
- Bladder Surgery (including urolith removal).
- Cruciate ligament rupture repair (De Angelis and TTA methods).
- Meniscal surgery.
- Patella luxation repair (tibial crest transposition, cartilage sparing groove deepening, lateral
- Bone fracture repair (using pins, wires, plates, screws and external fixators).
- Dewclaw removal (bone attached).
- JPS (Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis).
- FHO (Femoral Head Osteotomy).
- Hip toggle/rod combination stabilisation.
Need or want a second opinion from a surgeon? Call us on 3288 1574 or book online today!
GREATER SPRINGFIELD VETERINARY
Under the leadership of Dr Jeannet Kessels, we have been caring for pets in the Greater Springfield area since 2006.
We are one dedicated team working across two easy-to-access locations.
We are here for you 7am-10pm, 7 days a week.
Emergencies are seen at our Augustine Heights Hospital.