Groodles Australia encourages you and your new pup to attend Greater Springfield Veterinary puppy classes. The course is designed for pups aged between 8-16 weeks of age, and will teach you appropriate handling techniques, and how to shape nice ‘doggie manners’ whilst in an everyday environment
When it comes to training, socialisation and exposure to new objects and environments, positive experiences and clear communication during the early months of your puppy’s life is essential. It is important to safely socialise puppies at an early age so that they can learn to communicate with other animals and humans without feeling overwhelmed or fearful. Puppies learn many vital skills when they are young – and early life experiences will influence how they will interact with you, your family, other animals and the environment they are exposed to as an adult dog. A Greater Springfield Veterinary puppy course is designed to help you successfully raise a confident and content dog, whilst improving your human-canine bond (and maybe learn some cool party tricks too!).
Positive reinforcement techniques such, treats, cuddles, toy rewards are the ONLY techniques used by the trainers at Greater Springfield Veterinary, to ensure you get the best results possible and to encourage your puppy to reach its full potential. Using aversive methods such as yelling, hitting, choker chains and forceful corrections can result in a loss of trust, increased anxiety, and can often make undesirable behaviours even worse.
A puppy class at Greater Springfield Veterinary will cover:
- Toilet training
- Managing play biting behaviours, biting and chewing
- The importance of your puppy’s cognitive development and ‘how’ dogs learn
- Body language, effective communication and ‘how’ to encourage fast puppy learning
- Basic obedience exercises (preliminary focus training, ‘sit’, ‘lie down’, ‘come’, ‘roll over’, ‘leave-it’ and ‘go to bed’).
- Effective strategies for avoiding any developing anxieties or phobias
- Safe, fun and appropriate socialisation and play
- Environmental enrichment, and how this can help with problem behaviours
- Building trust, confidence and reinforcing the bond between you and your puppy
Your Puppy’s first vaccination must be administered at least 7 days before attending our classes. Certificate proof is required (if this has not been carried out at either of our clinics).
Puppy High-School – It’s never too late to catch up on learning!
Puppy High School is a new concept and recently introduced to Greater Springfield Veterinary. Carefully designed by us, this course is for junvenile dogs aged between 16wks – 8mths (depending on temperament, size and previous training) and is perfect for those to who have missed out on Puppy Pre-School due to age. It is also a fun course for those who have already graduated our junior class and want to increase the level of training difficulty, perfect general training skills and learn to work with common distractions.
Our High-School classes cover:
- Managing difficult behaviours (jumping up, play biting, pulling on leash)
- Settling techniques – helping to reduce anxiety or over excitable behaviours so ‘active learning’ can occur
- How to be calm when exposed to distractions, and display good manners when passing other dogs and greeting people
- Basic obedience exercises (preliminary focus training, ‘sit’, ‘lie down’, ‘come’, ‘roll over’, ‘leave-it, and ‘go to bed’)
- Intermediate obedience exercises (‘stay’ and lots of on leash walk training)
Our classes look at real-life scenarios and set your four-legged friend up to succeed, be it at home or out in public. Only 5 puppy’s per Pre-School and High-School group are accepted so don’t miss out.
BOOK NOW! T: (07) 3288 1574