Have the best behaved pup on the block in no time!
Start your puppy’s learning journey today!
Call us on (07) 3288 1574
Or email to book your place!
Our Puppy School course is designed for pups aged between 8-15 weeks of age, and will teach you appropriate handling techniques, and how to shape nice ‘doggie manners’ whilst in an everyday environment.
Dogs learn vital skills when they are young – early life experiences will influence how they interact with you, your family, other animals and the environment they are exposed to as an adult. Our puppy classes are designed to help you successfully raise confident and content dogs, whilst improving your human-canine bond. Your pup may learn some cool party tricks too!
Our Pre-School classes cover:
- Mastering toilet training.
- Managing play biting and chewing behaviours.
- The importance of cognitive development and ‘how’ dogs learn.
- Body language, effective communication and ‘how’ to encourage fast puppy learning.
- Sound, practical advice on how to achieve successful socialisation.
- Basic obedience exercises and preliminary focus training.
- Effective strategies to avoid developing anxieties or phobias.
- Engage in safe, fun and appropriate socialisation.
- Environmental enrichment, and how this can help with problem behaviours.
- Building trust, confidence and reinforcing the bond between you and your puppy.
Duration: 6 weeks
Class times: Saturdays, 12pm – 1pm, 1.30pm – 2.30pm, 3.00pm – 4.00pm
Location: Springfield Hospital
Your puppy’s first vaccination must be administered at least 7 days before attending classes. Please bring your certificate as proof (if this has not been carried out at one of our hospitals).
GREATER SPRINGFIELD VETERINARY
Under the leadership of Dr Jeannet Kessels, we have been caring for pets in the Greater Springfield area since 2006.
We are one dedicated team working across two easy-to-access locations.
We are here for you 7am-10pm, 7 days a week.
Emergencies are seen at our Augustine Heights Hospital.